Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Death

Everyone is talking about death those past few weeks, it seems.

The last encounter I had with the topic was inspired by the murder of Rudolph Mooshammer, who was a member of the Munich "Schickeria", the rich and famous. A friend of mine speculated that he might not have left a last will, since that would have been "the first step towards the grave".

This is slowly but surely getting to me. In the media as well. I recall an interview where the interviewee (I have no recollection who) talked at length about the way he wanted to die.

Is it just me, or is the topic of death getting more and more ... (dare I say it) popular?

While we're on the topic of death, I have one piece of advice for anyone willing to pass moral judgement on the Iraq war. Take a look at Crisis Pictures, aka "Fallujah in Pictures" and "Iraq in Pictures". Be advised that the pictures are not for the faint of heart. They include very graphic content, although they seem to have mellowed recently.

This is not a political statement. Neither is it a moral one. Except that, if you are willing to pass judgement, either for or against the Iraq war, you should really take a good hard look at the ugly reality thousand of miles from your home.

Gaze upon the face of war.

While we're on the topic of death, Gangs of New York is great movie about death, and how the value of life was totally different in the time it is set in.

1 Comments:

Blogger Charlie Quimby said...

Maybe you didn’t know Crisis Pictures image server is down. I hope we can muster up some support for Crisis Pictures. I'm contacting other blogs that know how important this work is.

Do what you can.

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home