Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Musical Baton

Ouch. I've been tagged twice with musical batons, by Martin and Martin.

Total Volume of Music On My Computer:


Five gig

Last CD I bought:


"Republica" by Republica

Song playing right now:


Smashmouth, I'm a Believer

Five Songs I am listening to a lot:


All songs are more or less placeholders for the respective band. The ones I selected are good examples of what I find great about the band.

Rage Against the Machine, Year of tha Boomerang
This song exemplifies what I love about their music: atonal squeaks and screams alternating with strong, rythmic guitar chords, with the occasional slight brush against harmonies that are all the more beautiful for being preceded (and followed) by awful noise.

Tom Waits, Dirt in the Ground
The gloomy, dirty mood of this song is what I especially like about Tom Waits. Also, I admire his absolute disrespect for his own music. When there is a choice between sugarcoating a song with sweet melodies and grinding it into the ground with a grating singing voice or squeaky harp solo, he always chooses the mean alternative. And, the subject of the song is death, frequently on my mind.

Tom Jones, Mama Told Me Not To Come
Great Album.

The Rolling Stones, It's Only Rock'N'Roll (But I Like It)
There had to be something by the Stones.

Die Ärzte, 3-Tage-Bart

Who's next:


dom and tuxtina, to add some more tangle and lateral references.

Stefan
Norbert
(Neither has a blog, but I'll think of something)

Incidentally, did anyone notice that we're on a bastard subtree of this chain letter?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I've started a bastard subtree! I didn't know I knew how to do that. Not like I know how to produce a subtree that is born in wedlock, I suppose...

6:00 AM  
Blogger Tobias Klüpfel said...

Being a bastard is not that bad. At least we have a chance to inherit if all legitimate heirs are gone.

Hmm....

Must... kill... all... other... subtrees...

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home