Saturday, March 31, 2007

Hacking

I'm on a deadline.

I'm going on vacation (I'm planning a separate post on this), and I have to complete a piece of code before I go.

So I'm taking shortcuts. I have a piece of code that's ported from another device, and I'm hacking off bits and pieces to make it fit. I've inserted God knows how many return FALSE;s in functions that weren't meant to be called in the first place. I feel like I'm wading though the code with a flaming sword, slashing left and right and creating general mayhem. A lot of code looks like

// quick hack -- damn ugly
// TODO: REMOVE!!!


right now.

And, I'm loving it.

It's ugly and I will have a shitload of work unravelling this mess, but right now, it's working. And I may just make it till my vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home