Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Play with kids...

So I was playing this MMORPG called Anarchy Online. After we (I was in a team at the time) killed some big uber-boss, a guy who had been fighting the boss with us, but was not in our team messaged me: "You're really dumb, aren't you?"

I play a big strong stupid hunk with a hammer about the size of a compact car. So, staying in character, I replied "Huh? What?"
"I'm gonna report you, they'll terminate your account, just you wait!"
"I don't understand."
"This'll be the last time you ever played this game"

And so on. I tried to find out what I had done to aggravate him so much, but he only continued his infantile ranting.

That's it. We didn't reach a solution, and I stopped trying after a while. I'm sad to say that this was on a German server, and that I find it typical of some German players. Not a lot - nine out of ten are great fun to play with - but this one did not even tell me what he thought I had done wrong.

The thing of it is, I could not get that stupid brat out of my head all day. Call me a sissy if you like, but it gets to me how much some people lack conflict resolution skills and just start insulting you right away. And, what's worse, never get to a point where any wrong that may or may not have been committed can be addressed.

As the wise man said, well fuck that. chip79, you just made my list. Along with that guy (this time from an English server), who called someone a "GAY RUSSIAN BASTARD" (his caps), and proceeded to explain "No way I'm not racist, they really are bad. They always steal things and stuff."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, that's just something online gaming seems to trigger. With WarCraft III this happens all the time. Somebody doing strange stuff, calling you a "f**cking noob", or stronger things. My brother gets aggravated by these things. I myself simply don't care, knowing that this person won't have many friends. I even feel pity for them. And enjoy my next game ;-)

4:04 PM  
Blogger Tobias Klüpfel said...

Thanks, it's good to hear that from someone else from time to time. :)

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home